The Longdogs

The Longdogs
Harley takes his role as navigator seriously!

10 July 2010 - Arrival in Port Huron, Michigan

Today was a short drive on up to Port Huron.  The real challenge was yet to come.  The plan was to stay in my father-in-law's yard since I was there to visit family and help with clean up of his estate.  There it was--The Driveway.  My father-in-law has the narrowest driveway in the world, paved but only 8 feet wide, with a ditch on either side of the entrance.  Oh, did I mention the big mailbox at the end of the driveway?  Even Willy, Gretchen, and Harley knew they needed to keep a low profile while Mom negotiated that entrance.  I made it!  Once I made it into that driveway, I figure I can do just about anything. There was a small matter of a soft yard but my brother Mike handled that little issue and I was home free...at least for the next month.

There was another reason this was a great day...Steve and Helen got engaged!  I got to see the ring while I was there and knew it was going to happen any day but Steve wanted to wait until the right moment when they were in a special place they would both remember.

Several days later I drove back down to Detroit and picked my husband up at the airport.  He spent the next 2 1/2 weeks with us in the RV.  We were hooked up to water and electric.  The house electrical system is very interesting so using the A/C was not a chance I was willing to take.  It really didn't matter as the temperatures never reached the kind of heat we are used to in Texas so I didn't need anything more than a fan.  There were nights when I closed the windows and used a blanket.

While we never got as far as a garage sale to clean things out,  it was a great month spent with family on both sides since my brother is married to my husband's sister.

My husband's brothers and sister

My brother and his youngest grandson

My brother's wife (my husband's sister) and another grandson

My brother and my husband's youngest brother

My niece, her husband, and their youngest in our RV

Willy and Harley play with their newest friend

It was a great month.  Having your own "RV home" means you can visit with everyone without wearing out your welcome.  You can also relax, plan your own time, and have down time whenever you want it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting.