The Longdogs

The Longdogs
Harley takes his role as navigator seriously!

The Big White-out in San Antonio

One minute it was mid to upper 70s and then.....

I had to run over to my son's house to get some dog food before Willy decided to eat me instead. He and Angus (my son's dog) eat the same kind of dog food so we take turns buying the big bags. Actually, Willy dined on some of Harley's special dog food for dinner but I didn't want to make a habit of that so I hopped in the car and headed two miles over. It was raining when I left, sleeting halfway over, and snowing big thick white flakes by the time I got there. Unbelievable for San Antonio. It snowed for about 4 hours leaving us with about three inches of snow. It never got down to 32 degrees but the snow stuck until the next morning when it started to melt.

Harley didn't know what to make of it.....it was his first snow experience.

I threw the ball and he took off after it without even thinking.

Once he got out there, he was lifting his feet up and and didn't quite know what to do.


Kids couldn't resist the challenge......

The next morning.....things started to thaw. The snow slid off the trees.






It's just wrong to see snow on palms.




 
Harley and I were very glad to see the end of the snow. The last snow was 1987 and hopefully it will be that long before the next one. I grew up in Minnesota and I only want to see snow on postcards and pictures.  Seventy degrees is my kind of winter day. lol



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting.