The Longdogs

The Longdogs
Harley takes his role as navigator seriously!

Wrapping Up with Dinner at Paul's Place Steakhouse

It has been an interesting week and a half. We have done some sightseeing in the local area.Then there was lunch with another RV friend who lives in Oklahoma. We went to a concert put on by the Notable Exceptions which was fantastic. We relaxed with friends in the RV.

We put in lots of volunteer hours which made us appreciate all the work that goes into putting on a convention. We attended seminars, socials, and entertainment. We started out warm and chilled right down to temperatures we hope to never see in San Antonio even in January but we stayed warm and snug in our RVs. We did wish we had been smart enough to bring more sweatshirts and dog sweaters. We traveled in golf car taxi's and regular vehicles.. I had the front jacks quit working on my 5th wheel (verified by several other women) and then miraculously work perfectly when I finally got my turn with the mobile RV technician who was busy from early until late every day. He was a great young man and didn't even charge me anything for coming by. I unexpectedly ran out of propane on Saturday morning when I thought I had another full tank but I was able to get the propane delivery man to add me to his list when he was already coming out. I called and got on his list but he was flagged down by half the women in the park when he arrived. Fortunately he had propane and patience to fill us all. I also found time to get a couple of blind restringing repairs done this trip. I watched a video on how to do it a month ago and it really wasn't that hard to do......I only had to pull the existing strings back through the holes and reattach it properly but it was very satisfying to get it done.

When one of the Texas Ramblin Roses sent out an email about gathering for dinner at Paul's Place Steakhouse, we were ready to roll. Dinner was food, the service was decent and another wonderful time was had by all.

And we met several more women to add to the long list we met during the convention. Thank goodness RVW and our chapter are very big on everyone wearing their nametags as I am terrible at remembering names.....always have been although I always remember faces.

 
Mary Jane, Carolyn and I all decided to head out on Sunday rather than Monday as we had originally planned. Almost everyone else had the same idea as sleet/snow was predicted for Monday. Carolyn filled her water tank, dumped her black and gray tanks and headed north to Tulsa to visit relatives for a week before heading to an Arkansas State Park for Thanksgiving week. She did see snow but not until Tuesday morning. Mary Jane and I headed back south with an overnight at Coffee Creek RV Resort where we spent a night on the way north. Four other RVs also met up with us there for the night. We were invited for margaritas and snacks but I neglected to get any photos. It was a fun time for all of us though. We had fairly short travel days both Sunday and Monday so there was no need to head out early. Monday night found us back in San Antonio. I unpacked the RV and gave it a quick winterization job before putting it back in storage Tuesday morning. Mary Jane is a full-timer so all she had to do was hookup.
 
Another great trip wrapped up until next time which will come a week after Thanksgiving when I head up to Lake Buchanan for a Texas Rambin' Roses rally. Until later.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting.