The Longdogs

The Longdogs
Harley takes his role as navigator seriously!

"Main Street Bethelem" in Burnet TX.

Sunday night a number of us drove into Burnet TX for a unique experience. Every year for the past 27 years, the First Baptist Church has sponsored "Main street Bethlehem". Regardless of your religious beliefs, it's a special experience. We arrived near the downtown square which was beautifully lit up. We found out that this is where the end of the line was. Altogether, the line was about 6 blocks long.

It was beautiful.


We waited in line a long time, a very long time...….over an hour and a half. They did have a place where those who couldn't stand that long could wait and their friends could come and get them once they got closer. I finally had to do that after an hour in line. The village is there year around but during the event, each little building or alcove is manned by actors.


The camels didn't come out very well but they are live animals.




Daily life is pictured in great detail.


Some of the actors are children.




There were crowds of people inside the village but I tried to get photos without them showing.

The final scene before we left was the manger in the stable.

I'm not sure I would do this again because of the extremely long standing wait which is even longer on Friday or Saturday night but I'm really glad I held out to see it.  I definitely had a hard time with my hip the next day.  It is a very popular event which only goes on two weekends in December.

1 comment:

  1. That is an amazing presentation. But I know I couldn't stand that long for it. So thank you for the pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting.