The Longdogs

The Longdogs
Harley takes his role as navigator seriously!

2020-09-25 Pink FlaminGoes Flock at Tickfaw State Park LA

 I planned to leave Carolyn's house about 9 AM but I got a call from DH who was in the process of changing insurance companies for his motorcycles. He got the quote he wanted but everything after that involved either email or the Internet so that means that I have to take care of it. By the time I got it all straightened out and the App loaded, it was closer to noon. Not a big deal as I only had a couple hours drive to get to Tickfaw State Park. Headed across the Atchafalaya bridge on the way to Baton Rouge. Baton Rouge is definitely not my favorite town to drive through....usually Houston goes a lot smoother, however, I had the easiest trip through ever, no construction or traffic jams. The sky was pretty clouded over but it wasn't raining.

The short trip was uneventful except for when my GPS sent me down Fire Tower Road. It was really narrow with no center line because you had to drive down the middle with trees right to the edge of the road. It wasn't too bad until a local came around a curve headed right for me at 45 mph on a 25 mph road. We managed to squeek past but I knew for sure I wouldn't be taking that road on my way home. 

I got checked in at Tickfaw with no problems and was given a senior discount which made camping half price, score. It's a nice park, not a huge campground. I had a camping site set way back into the trees. The sites were very long with a narrow drive but a nice side patio either gravel like mine or wood deck like several of the other women.

Our hostess, Kathy, made spaghetti sauce with everyone else providing items like pasta, garlic bread, salad, dessert, etc. As always, it was very good.


Carolyn and Sue had recent birthdays so Karen had a birthday candle ring and cake to celebrate.


All in all, it was a very nice evening.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting.