The Longdogs

The Longdogs
Harley takes his role as navigator seriously!

2021-05-30 Dancing Divas

On Saturday, my son and daughter-in-law were driving up to Brownwood for my Granddaughter Morgan's dance recital. From there, the three of them plus Angus were heading west to New Mexico and Colorado for a little summer vacation. Hmmm, I would like to see her dance too. No big deal, I will just drive up there myself, meet them for the recital, and then drive home. DH didn't want to drive 4 hours each way but I like roadtrips. Rather than caravan with the kids, we just headed out separately. I told them I would meet them at their motel in Brownwood. Angus was going to chill in the hotel room while we were at the recital. Our timing worked out perfectly. We arrived at the high school auditorium close to an hour early as it fills up early with all the parents bringing their dancers.

Morgan was in 5 different dances. I just mostly took photos of the parts she was in but it was a lengthy program with tiny tot dancers up to high school girls. There were even a couple of boys. Morgan's mother and grandmother own the dance studio and they have a large crowd of students.

"Bad Dream"


"Rainbow Hanging Over Your Head"




"99 Red Balloons"



"Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy" (my personal favorite dance)




"Money, Money, Money"


"Finale"

As part of the Finale, 5 of the backstage personnel donned these unique costumes. The other four all raised their arms straight up as they danced but this is my grandson Cameron and he is too tall to raise his arms straight up. It was very interesting. The program ran long as often happens so it was 5:30 before I was able too give Morgan hugs and head out.

The GPS sent me a different way out of Brownwood. It was a very small rural road but the wild flowers were beautiful. It was surprising  to see so many flowers still in bloom. We have had an unusual amount of rain this year.

There were flowers all along the roadside and even whole fields of them.

Aren't they beautiful? No more bluebonnets but lots of red, orange, and yellow flowers.


The cacti were also blooming. Lots of people don't realize just how beatiful cacti can be when they are blooming. The cacti flowers don't last long but are gorgeous at just the right time.

It was 9:30pm when I arrived at home so it was a long but very enjoyable day. I love road trips.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting.