The Longdogs

The Longdogs
Harley takes his role as navigator seriously!

2023-6-15 Three Valley Museum, Durant OK

I made a little mistake on my last post when I said we headed back for a dip in the pool after we toured Fort Washita. We actually made a stop at the Three Valley Museum in downtown Durant.


It's a small but interesting museum with two stories of displays. 


There is a small section dedicated to Transportation.


Upstairs there are window vignettes of life in earlier times. School.



Post office.

Kitchen

General store

Home

Music room

Bride, wedding reception

Doctor's office

Optometrist.


 Lots of information about daily life in a small place. We also met a woman working there who had an RV and was very interested in our group so we exchanged information with her.

Now we headed back to the park and a dip in the pool. The next morning we packed up and headed for home. I worked out a new route and Elaine and I traveled together until we hit I-20. She headed west to Abilene and I headed south on 281 to San Antonio. It was a fun rally.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting.