The Longdogs

The Longdogs
Harley takes his role as navigator seriously!

2023-12-2 Roundtop TX

 Saturday morning Teresa, Teri, and I head up the road to Round Top. Elaine and I passed through there on our way to Brenham earlier in the week but there was little activity so I thought we might do better on a Saturday. Now, many people in Texas and even much further away know all about the Antiques show in October. There are so many shops and barns all along this highway from Warrenton to Burton. And, you would be stuck in a lot of traffic then but it was a nice ride this day. Roundtop is actually a very small town.


There is a whole village of shops off the main highway with a fair amount of parking. We parked and started to walk through the area. This was all closed when Elaine and I came through a few days ago.

There are shops selling things from a to z. 

I know when I was here years ago at a rally in Carmine we came here to get some scones which were wonderful. No luck finding such a shop today. This coffee shop had pie from Royers but we weren't ready for that.


There some really nice garden areas around some of the buildings.

This was the Humble Donkey but I'm not sure what it was about.

We decided to have lunch at Royers Cafe which is pretty famous. They advertise comfort food and it is pretty low key looking but the food is pretty upscale in looks and price. It was good. I ordered homemade tomato bisque soup and a piece of pie that I took to go. Teresa has food allergies so her first choice wouldn't work but the waitress was very good about checking food and making sure they didn't add anything she couldn't eat. It was crowded but we arrived before most of the big crush of people.



The post above was actually a small church in the village area but I took Teri and Teresa by to see this one. It, however, is not a church but a library built in an old church building. I have been inside and it is quite unique.

Teri wanted us to see Junk Gypsy. She thought it was further north but after quite a few miles, we realized that it was not so we turned around and headed back through Round Top on our way back to La Grange. Guess what......we found it going south. Teri said it was quite a popular TV show but I have to admit I have never seen it. They are decorators.



Lots of unique things inside to see. I don't know if they still call it shabby chic or not.


Anyway, it was a fun day with good company. I like to see the sights when I am out RVing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting.