The Longdogs

The Longdogs
Harley takes his role as navigator seriously!

Pholly to Serendipity

This has been a very busy week. I have been trying to sort, move, rehome, and outfit my new RV Serendipity. Each day I drove the new RV over and parked her in an empty spot next to my 5th wheel. I have to admit to feelings of guilt. I love my 5th wheel. She has served me so well for almost 10 years. She is in good shape. She is so mice and roomy and homey. My son and then husband thought it was time I moved on to something different for travel. Don't get me wrong, I love my new B+ Phoenix Cruiser but the change takes some getting used to at first. Moving from one RV to another is almost as hard as moving from a house to an RV but on a little smaller scale. Not only do you have to move things from one to another, you also have to figure out what to move and where to put it when you do move it over. Right now my 5th wheel looks like she has been ramsacked with cupboard doors open and things piled here and there. Not every thing will make the move as the new RV does not have the massive storage that the 5th wheel does. I do have a deadline of sorts as I am heading out for back to back rallies on the 3rd of April. Once I get back, I will have to finish getting evertything out and make final decisions on what will move to the new RV permanently. Then Pholly the 5th will get tidied up and cleaned. I hope to find her a new owner that will love and enjoy her as much as I have.

Monday I spent a good part of the day with my sewing machine cutting down the new twin sheets sets that I bought for Serendipity because she has twin beds but they are a bit narrower and shorter than regular twins. I also made a trip to Costco to pick up one of those soft velvety blankets in a king size. Cutting a king size in half across the width made two perfect size bedspreads for Serendipity.

Tuesday I did the packing up for the rally from my house. Thank goodness my Dh offered to carry things out because I was really beat, stiff, and in pain from the whole previous week. I need a rally to rest and relax.

1 comment:

  1. You are going to have such a wonderful time with Serendipity.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting.