The Longdogs

The Longdogs
Harley takes his role as navigator seriously!

2023-9-11 Lost Alaskan RV Park-TRR Alpine Rally

 Finally a rally after two months without one. I headed toward Alpine TX on Sunday and stopped overnight at Ft Stockton RV Park in, where else, Ft Stockton. I was a little disappointed that they ended their Passport America rates the end of August since it is still obviously summer with temperatures over 100 degrees. In any case it's a very decent park and they put me in a pull-through with a tree (desert you know). They have a nice little cafe on site where I had some dinner. I was planning on a dip in the pool but it was frigid which was very surprising with the very hot temperatures. Next morning I hit the road for Alpine Texas and the rally at the Lost Alaskan RV Park.


The park is very nice with long level pull-throughs with picnic tables. The management is great with very hands on owners right there to check you in and take care of the park.

The front part of the park has a lot of large pine trees shading the sites.

Elaine and I were right next to each other.

Only complaint might have been the picnic tables which were way up at the front of the site and brick/concrete so they couldn't be moved. We never really used them so it wasn't a problem.


We had rain one day and Teri caught this really great shot of her RV with a rainbow.


This building housed the small rally room as well as the well maintained bathrooms. I believe there was also a laundry but I didn't use it. The rally room had a microwave but no stove or refrigerator but it worked okay for us.

The park also had a nice tenting area across from us. All five sites were occupied the whole time we were there but we hardly noticed them. The unique covers provided great shade as well as some protection from the rain.

The pool was sparkling clean and quite cool but Elaine and I enjoyed some very relaxing time in there the first day. After that, we were too busy.

Our two hostesses, Beverly and Gail, fixed fajitas for the group on two Blackstones. They were great.

I think we had about 40 women and 35 or so RVs at the rally.

All in all it was a great park and a great rally. I included the things we did in separate posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting.