The Longdogs

The Longdogs
Harley takes his role as navigator seriously!

2024-04-04 TRR Eclipse Rally in Junction TX

 I had an online meeting Wednesday morning so I didn't get to leave town until noon but it is only abut 2 1/2 hours up to Junction TX from where I live. The rally doesn't actually start until Friday but I am one of the hosts so I wanted to be there early plus I just like spending more time in my RV. 

The rally was at Tree Cabins RV Resort in Junction. This was the third April rally we have had there. It's a nice park with both RV spots and cabins. There is some shade and most sites are pretty level. they have a rally room and a pavilion. The Wifi is pretty good but there is no regular TV reception. Bathrooms are nice according to others who used them. The rally room is great with the exception of it being at the top of the hill. The park was beautifully mowed when we arrived. Dealing with the office is the biggest challenge because it is not manned all the time. My phone decided to become a paperweight right after I arrived so many thanks to my friend Carolyn Patin for the pictures.


A few sites are very shady but many are not.

We travel in all kinds of RVs.


Many of us travel with dogs.

Pat, Rita, and Kathleen went birding and hiking locally and provided these great pictures.

By now it is pretty clear that I love wildflowers.


Elaine, Carolyn, and I took a trip out to South Llano State Park since they had not been there before. 

This is a Dark Skies park which is really nice. It is very popular with birders.

They built a new bridge over the river on the way into the park.



There is a parking lot and you walk down the hill to the river

It's okay for cooling off in the heat but not exactly the best for real swimming. Also, the river is not close to the camping area.

Sites are nice with covered tables but large RVs need to watch which sites they reserve as some are short.

This tree is on the main street of Junction.

Registration was in the evening with snacks provided.


2 comments:

  1. South Llano River State Park is one of my favorites. We haven't camped there, but it's on my list. We have hiked all over the park, though. Did you see the turkeys or armadillos?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting.