The Longdogs

The Longdogs
Harley takes his role as navigator seriously!

Happy Boxing Day!

Happy Boxing Day to all my Canadian relatives and friends.  Most of our holidays are the same except for the day we celebrate Thanksgiving and then Canadian Boxing Day.

The sun was back in San Antonio today and it sure was good to see it.  I even had a chance to go and look at RVs with two friends of mine but, alas, I had to decline as I already had other plans.  They weren't great plans or even fun plans but sometimes you just have to knuckle down and get some things done.  Today was that day.  Today was the day that the carpet was going to get shampooed!

I rented the machine and set in with a vengence.  Now, many hours later, I am relaxing in my chair hoping that all the effort will pay off in clean floors and a fresh smell in the air.  I think the "high traffic" area may get one more go-round before I return the machine in the morning but for now, I am beat, dead beat with thoughts of an aspirin or two before hitting the bed.

Son is arriving tomorrow night with grandchildren to follow the next day so now the carpets will be fresh and clean for playing games and building with Legos.  Let the games begin.....

3 comments:

  1. It's such a good feeling to clean the carpets before the grand kids come over, I used to always vacuum the morning they came. With dogs in the house, well...

    Happy Boxing Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sun is good! I hope it sticks around for awhile. This is going to be one of "what day is it again" weeks! feels like Sunday! Hope the carpet turns out nice & clean for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like the next few days will be full of fun. Hope you slept well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting.