The Longdogs

The Longdogs
Willy, Harley (back center), and Gretchen

The Rest of the Spring Break Story

Now for the rest of the story as they say. We fixed lunch at Balmorea and headed down the road with thoughts of spending one more night on the road before we arrived back in San Antonio. Junction was our first choice but every place we tried was full, full, full. Hmmm, never got stuck like this before. We stopped in Junction and picked up some Church's Fried Chicken and figured we would mosey on down to Kerrville as they also have a number of RV parks. No room at the inn here either. As our Spring Break was ending, everyone else's was apparently just beginning. We even tried the KOA there which never seems that busy. He would have been happy to have us but quite a few of his spots were muddy, dangerously muddy from the heavy rains during the week.

We decided at this point that it was only an hour and a half home so we would just head in. It was about 9:300PM when we arrived. We went straight to Steve's house as I could pull in front of his house. I live on a cul-de-sac where the neighbors all think angle parking is the way to go so I only bring my RV home Monday through Friday while they are at work. The kids and Steve all headed into the house. I said I was sleeping in my own bed in the RV and of course, the dachsies were with me. I read for a while and then headed to bed.

A few hours later, I was up.....and in the bathroom......on the toilet with a bowl on my lap. That is where I spent most of the rest of the night. Remember that we didn't get to dump the tanks so I prayed for a little more capacity each time I had to flush.  Next morning, I was dozing when DH showed up on his motorcycle. Nobody else was sick.  Hmmmm.  I was feeling pretty bad with stomach pains and blood. We pulled the food out of the fridge and then I decided that I really wasn't in good shape and headed to the Emergency Room.

After a couple hours of observation, they admitted me for a diverticulitus  attack. That was my own diagnosis when I headed to the ER as I had one attack 15 years ago and it felt the same. So I spent Sunday through Tuesday night in the hospital with IVs and two different antibiotics. I was so glad to come home and get some sleep. Antibiotics continued for another 10 days which left me feeling about as energetic as a more pain or blood....just a total lack of energy. I was so glad to finish the pills and start to feel more like more normal self.

It turned out to be a blessing that we drove on home and I had the RV to myself that night.

And that is the rest of the story!

1 comment:

  1. That would be scary especially the blood. And you had the long dogs to take care of you. Hope another 15 years or never before another attack.


Thanks for commenting.