The Longdogs

The Longdogs
Harley takes his role as navigator seriously!

Mustang Island GTG, Day 6, Headed Home

Sadly, this is my last morning at the GTG and I must head home.  The GTG was great and it was so nice to see friends I've met before and to meet new friends from the ORS.  Bob and Pete did a good job of getting this GTG set up at Mustang Island.  They went the extra mile and reserved quite a few spaces ahead of time to ensure that everyone could get a spot.  Those who weren't able to commit early on were lucky enough to get spaces at the last minute as the park is pretty full right now with spring break coming on.  Thanks to Birdie who talked me into coming and Carolyn who provided me with a place to stay for most of the GTG.  It was fun and I can't wait until our next GTG in April.

I said my goodbyes and headed out about 11:30 AM.  I did make one stop at NAS Corpus Christi to check out their campground.  It has been a number of years since we stayed there and they have enlarged it and made improvements so it was nice to be able to see it first hand.  I'm ready for another trip to the coast anytime.

On the way home, I saw a lot of bluebonnets and other wildflowers.  It is really early but it has been warm and wet this winter so they should put on a good show.  Hopefully they will be a little later in coming to the Hill Country so they are blooming during our mid April Pink Flamingo GTG.  See you all soon.

7 comments:

  1. Oh wow, I'm surprised to hear they are blooming already. I will be heading for Pa in April. I hope to see some before I leave the state.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are in your area already. Hope they last for a while. Love them.

      Delete
  2. I just caught up on your blog. What fun you girls had. And what fun it was reading it. Thank you! I suppose this is one of those things that "if you have to ask"... but I do: What does GTG stand for? My guesses - Got To Go, Good To Go, Good Time Girls(?). LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get-To-Gether although your guesses aren't too bad either.

      Delete
  3. Have you ever been to Garner State Park? That's where I will be for the Summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not been there yet but I've heard that it is one of the best parks in the state and always busy. Are you camphosting there?

      Delete

Thanks for commenting.