The Longdogs

The Longdogs
Harley takes his role as navigator seriously!

Some Views of the Park--Lake Pointe RV Resort

I'm pretty happy with the site I picked out.  There is shade quite a bit of the time which is important since the temps are in the mid 90s or higher.  It was pretty nice sitting out under the trees this morning with my coffee because there was a little breeze.  We went for a walk all over the park first thing while it was cool.

I had my coffee and kindle after we got back and the Traveling Longdogs were enjoying their play area.  Fortunately, they are fastinated by the deer and don't bark at them.  It's usually a staring contest on both sides.


This spot has more of a lake view but there is a 3 foot drop right behind him.  I think the park is about half full right now but there isn't anybody home at quite of few of them.  I expect they will show up for the weekend.

But it's not like nobody is around.  I saw one buck with about 9 points on his rack.  They are very tame.  I think that must be some kind of a salt or food block; I've seen several around the park.  I guess you can buy feed at the office too (or bring your own in if you like).  I've heard that dog food is actually more nutritious for them than deer corn.  They won't be getting any of the Traveling Longdogs special food though.

Are you following me lady???  There is a number of paths between the resort developed area and the lake.


The "town" closest to the park is Hancock and there are several restaurants, coffee shops, Dollar Store, etc.  The closest real town is Sattler which is five miles away.  They have real grocery store which used to be a Super S but is now a Lowe's Market.  Prices weren't too bad and they have about anything you could want.  There is also a great Ace Hardware store which is really well stocked.  They even carry quite a few RV items.  I found several items that I haven't been able to find elsewhere.  I also saw an RV repair place, VFW (open to the public sign), several restaurants and a bakery, a feedstore, and numerous other business places that make it a worthwhile trip.  

6 comments:

  1. Nice looking campground. Glad you are out enjoying it.. Still in the 90's? Guess I'll look at a northern route back to FL, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ugghhhh. . .well I guess we will be joining you for those temps as we will be in Amarillo tomorrow night. . .bye bye Colorado. . .it's been a great summer!

    Hopefully we can touch base somewhere this winter. . .

    Until then,
    Janice
    ReadyToGoFullTimeRVing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd rather be warm than cold so in the 90s is not that bad. I think we may hit 100 degrees tomorrow but it feels great in the pool.

      Delete
  3. use to live not too far from that park... never made it there though, maybe next time we make a run thru Texas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm enjoying it. Very quiet through today but we'll see what happens tomorrow night.

      Delete
  4. Hi, Nice post thanks for sharing. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back.

    Thanks!

    Joel
    JHouston791@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting.