The Longdogs

The Longdogs
Harley takes his role as navigator seriously!

Where Have All the Readers Gone?

Well, the computer is fixed and working like a champ.  I managed to catch up on all the posts I missed thanks to pictures being grouped by dates.  But something is amiss.  It must be due to the inundation of posts.  I'm so sorry about that. Or maybe it is because the posts were backdated to the time they occurred. That was important to be able to find them in the future.  Alas, my readers have also taken a break.  I miss you.

We have had quite a cold spell here in central Texas.  Frigid, at least for us.  It doesn't compare to the north by any means but it is cold for us.  Our highs are back around 50 for this week but that is still 15 degrees or more below our normal.  The southwest is suffering too and east of us too.  Everywhere but the extreme southeast.  Ah, they brag on sunny, warm temperatures still.  Their time will come. It always does.  I sure hope this doesn't mean that we will be cold all winter.

Had to share this with you all.  Keep in mind this is Texas and a temporary frigid spell is moving through.  Just a note:  I'm sure no animals were harmed in the making.


The Christmas cards and shopping are waiting.  The house needs decorating.  Where are the elves when you need them????

13 comments:

  1. I have to admit that when there is a group of posts by a single blogger, I don't usually read them all. I guess I follow too many blogs. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least that guy/gal's ears are warm... What kind of job are they working at anyway? Doorman? just wondering......

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still here! Guess I have just been busy; seems like this time of year just flies by! Glad you're back up and running!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm here, have been keeping up with you. You've been busy! I am behind on reading a number of blogs, though. Also behind on writing them. After doing two 5K walks this morning in the cold and drizzle, I came home at 2:30 to write my blog, sat down at the kitchen table to type and promptly fell asleep sitting up. I didn't realizeI was so exhausted from the cold.I slept about an hour!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.S. I've noticed a lack of comments on my blog as well. Either people aren't commenting, aren't reading, or they're too busy with Christmas stuff to keep up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am here, I am here, reading. It is truly awfully cold here in Klamath Falls, and the office is chilly. Even with a great wood stove the edges of the house get chilly when it is below zero. Quite unusual here. So I haven't been keeping up as well, but I am here now. No comments doesn't mean no readers, as I am sure you know.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm here too. I think this time of year has a lot to do with the lack of comments. I think people are reading but not taking the time to comment because they are so busy. So just keep posting and know we are reading.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Still reading most every one, but half the time I'm not logged on to google, and won't take the time to log in so I can leave a comment. Gonna have to do better..:-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you all for your comments. I always enjoy them. I read a lot of blogs and don't always comment on them myself. Actually, in this case, the number of readers taking a huge dip was my biggest concern. Readership makes one feel like what you are writing has some meaning to someone other than yourself and it was going very well until my computer slam-dunked me. Should be back on track now.

    The buffalo girl was leaning against the outside wall at McDonalds texting or looking at the Internet on her phone when I took a movie back to the Redbox. Although unusual, one might expect to see a hat like that in North Dakota or even Minnesota but we don't usually get that much cold here..

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was worried about you and the cold. I am a faithful reader!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It must be the time of year. I've been spending days not reading posts, then I catch up all at once, and don't comment as often. I've even been lagging with my own blog posting. But I'm sure your readers are still here - as long as they have a blog roll, posts automatically pop up. I love that, so I don't miss anything! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting.