The Longdogs

The Longdogs
Harley takes his role as navigator seriously!

The Skies Are Leaking!

Yes, it's true.  It's raining in San Antonio. I can hardly believe it.  Twice in a month, several days each time.  The burn ban is still at bay.  So how does that affect me?

Well, I have a friend on her way back from an Alaskan RV excursion and she is getting close.  I traveled to Alaska via her blog and blogs from about 5 other ladies who all the made the Alaska trip this year.  Yes, that's right, all women.  Sometimes some of them traveled together for parts of the journey and sometimes they traveled alone.  Anyway, my friend asked me to meet her up the road for a few days of RVing so, of course, I said YES!

The only thing that I worried about being able to do with my 5th wheel is putting the battery in.  Yes, I know how, silly, but it is pretty heavy and the battery bay is about shoulder level.  We take the battery out when the RV is in storage and keep it on a maintenance charger.  DH was going to put it in for me yesterday before the rain hit.  Well, he called at 4:00 and said he was going to have to work later than planned.  So I decided that I would take the battery over and see if I could get it in before the rain hit.  It wasn't raining at the house but by the time I got to the 5th wheel, only 1 1/2 miles away, it was coming down like a deluge.  Long story short, I got the battery installed but I looked like a dripping, wet rag by the time I got home.  And the run off ditch in the storage area was full and running fast.

Yesterday the chance of rain was only 80% and today it was supposed to be 100%.  Hmmmm.  It wasn't raining this morning so I thought I would hotfoot it over there and see if I could get hooked up and out of there--just hoping the ditch wasn't running over the road.

Success!  The ditch was down and I backed up, hooked up, and high tailed it out of there.  Made it home, circled the cul-de-sac in spite of all the cars angle parked in the circle, and backed up into the driveway.  By the time I put out the chocks and put the front stabilizers down, it started to sprinkle.

By the time I scooted in the front door, it looked like this.......

Yes, it did rain in San Antonio.  The aquifers should be filling up from all the run off.

The rains were heavy then stopped then heavy again.  At 5:00 PM they were predicting more heavy downfalls with thunder.   You guessed it...the sun was shining.  Well, in between showers, I started loading up.  I will finish up with fridge and freezers items in the morning and then I'm out of here!

8 comments:

  1. I well remember how quickly SA can flood during rains like that. Have a safe & wonderful time out in the 5ver!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on getting the battery in. I'm sure I couldn't do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I am sure you are on the road by now. . .have a wonderful time!

    Congrats on installing the battery. . .

    Janice
    ReadyToGoFullTimeRVing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can barely lift those batteries let along get them up into the fiver. You have a great time and hopefully no more rain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's been raining here since Friday evening. About four inch's worth, so far. Good work on that battery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not really fun to hook up in the rain, but it can get you into the sunshine. Have fun with you AK buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This rain has been great. Everything is so green up here in the Kerrville area. And the creeks are really looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, great job with the battery. You are amazing. I had a dream last night that you had 3 inches of snow in your area of Texas! Wild!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting.