The Longdogs

The Longdogs
Harley takes his role as navigator seriously!

Blowing In The Wind

Yesterday I was doing this at Citrus Valley RV Park in McAllen TX.


And last night I was at a Chili Dinner at the same park with my friends Birdie, Sue, and Shirley (three Pink FlaminGoes friends) and new friend Sandy.  It was great.....we had dinner with over 200 other RVers and it was the absolutely the best chili I have ever eaten.  Sandy was in charge of the dinner and, as a former caterer, she really knows her stuff.

Today, we were on the road heading north to Corpus Christi for some more fun.

This is how the longdogs travel.  Willy and Harley are snoozing on the back seat of the truck.

Gretchen prefers to snooze on the floor in the backseat.  Sometimes they trade places. Sometimes they get up long enough to look out the window when we slow down in a town.

But they never, never ask me "are we there yet?"   "How much further?"  They are just happy to ride along wherever I want to go.

Today we headed north and take a look at this......F250 pulling 31 foot 5th wheel.  Can you read that MPH number?
 Okay, okay......so I had a tailwind, a 25 MPH tailwind but I just had to take a picture of 16.0 AVG MPH.  There were only a few times we got broadsided with wind but this rig is really solid on the road so it wasn't bad at all.

I arrived at Corpus Christi Naval Air Station (CCNAS), my next destination, without any hitches other than having to set my GPS for Padre Island National Seashore. The GPS simply would not recognize the NAS but I knew the National Seashore was just across the bridge to Padre Island so no problem.

The RV park on the NAS is right on the bay and I've been there a number of times but it has been quite a few years. Just one little glitch in checking in, yes.....they had room for me. And, yes, I did have the vaccination paperwork for the Traveling Longdogs.  Oops......it expired a couple months ago.  You must have that.  Fortunately, the very nice young man at the check-in desk was able to give me directions to a Vet Clinic not much more than a mile from the gate to the NAS. And, equally fortuitous, there was plenty of on street parking out in front of the Vet Clinic.

The Animal Clinic of Flour Bluff was a nice place housed in a new building with a doggie spa and doggie boarding. Willy, Gretchen, and Harley were surprised to see all the dogs out playing in their play yard. It looked nice. Luckily for us, the Vet was not busy and agreed to take care of us right away. The dogs were weighed and had their temps taken. Harley is happy to report that they had modern thermometers which took the temps in their ears just like kids instead of the old fashioned way.
Willy - 12.5 pounds
Harley - 11 pounds
Gretchen - 10.4 pounds
Unlike their pack leaders, the Traveling Longdogs are slim and trim. 

Check-in took quite a while because the computer was giving the nice young man fits but we eventually got it all done and headed over to the "B" section. Nice big concrete pads with full hookups.  This is a look past my RV spot on the outer road with the Leguna Madre in the background. 

I was glad that I didn't have to drive over the bridge to Padre Island with Mustang Island State Park as my destination because it was still blowing really hard.

After setting up, taking the dogs for a walk around the RV park, and giving them their dinner, I took myself to Cheddar's for a Birthday Dinner celebration.  It was delicious!

Wish you were here!

3 comments:

  1. That pool looked great! I am glad you treated yourself for your birthday after an e-vetful day. I enjoyed the pics of your group of travelers with you. Have fun at your new stop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think I missed wishing you a Happy Birthday....That cruise messed with my mind plus I have company in the driveway. So Happy Birthday and glad you treated yourself...I do the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Swimming outdoors in February must be nice. Love the shots of the Longdogs. Our Ben always traveled on the floor of the rear seat. He wouldn't even get up to look around, but was always ready to go for a ride. Actually, the best traveling pet we ever had. Great luck on the vet checkups, and a good looking site. Happy belated birthday... :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting.