The Longdogs

The Longdogs
Harley takes his role as navigator seriously!

A View of the Beach, Panama City Beach

To say that our time back in Florida was busy would be a real understatement.  Most of our time was spent working on final touches to the house and a few visits with friends of Steve and Helen.  I hated the thought of leaving without at least one view of the beach since I don't know when I will be back in Florida again.  Wednesday, Steve had an appointment for a deep tissue massage to work out some of the knots so I dropped him off and drove up the road to Pier Park.  If you haven't been there, Pier Park is a big multi-use shopping venue that includes the big box type store furthest from the beach working towards more beachy stores near the shore.  This is looking out toward the  gulf.

And looking back towards Pier Park.

Ah, the beach!  It was windy, humid, and hot but a little better closer to the water.  I thought I might melt walking around the rest of Pier Park.

The sand is beautiful, soft, and very white.  It was a one red flag day so people were in the water but very close to the shore.

There were numerous parachute riders out in the water being towed down the beach.  This part of the beach was in front of a big hotel so you can see it is much more crowded than right next store.

There is a big pier that people fish from.  I didn't have time or feel like paying to walk out there though.


This fountain was near Starbucks where I stopped for a cold drink while walking around the stores.

It's a nice place to visit and I'm glad I got one more chance to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting.