The Longdogs

The Longdogs
Harley takes his role as navigator seriously!

Tuesday through Thursday

The new inflatable bed is working just great so I get a good night's sleep to tackle the next day.  We each have a lawn chair to sit in at the end of the day and even their old ginormous TV to watch.  I brought my laptop along and my Kindle so I am set for any free time.

We've been busy each day since arrival working on the kids house here in Florida.  Helen had gotten a lot done while Steve was in San Antonio handling things.  That was a really nice surprise.  First thing to tackle back here was the grass.  The seed heads were waving high although the grass itself wasn't that long.  It's a fairly big yard too.  I started washing some windows and screens as well as cleaning up spots with a magic eraser.  Even though most of the rooms have been repainted, having movers come in to pack up always leaves clean-up.  I also did a bunch of paint touch up.  Just little dabs here and there that needed cleaning up.

Wednesday the master bedroom and the office/bonus room had new carpeting installed.  It looks great and really changes the look of things.  So yesterday, Steve and I spent the entire day cutting, piecing, and installing baseboard.  We completed the master bedroom, the laundry area, the master closet, and are still working on the office/bonus room.  Helen had painted all the baseboard while Steve was gone which helped a lot.  They have an enormous 4 shelf high shoe rack running the length of the master closet.  I painted all the boards and blocks for it in the office the day before they came to do the new carpet.  Worked out really well as I wasn't outside in the heat not to mention the rain.  That is all back in place now too.  Today we will finish the baseboard in the office/bonus room.  I think we are going to need at least one more piece.  Then we have the caulking to do.

Got to run.  Steve is back with coffee.


4 comments:

  1. What always makes me wonder is why do we wait to do all this sprucing up til we move. How come we never get it done for ourselves to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandie is so right. I've done that at just about every place I've moved from.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are both so right. They did a bunch of renovating this spring and have a real nice kitchen now. It would have been so nice to have had it for the last couple of years. Well, their new house will be really nice anyway. I am running low on energy and stamina these days.

      Delete
  3. You are really pushing yourself. A lot of work but once it is done hopefully the house will sell fast. Once you get home it will be worth it all just to have you son near by.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting.