The Longdogs

The Longdogs
Harley takes his role as navigator seriously!

Wichita Bend RV Park, Wichita Falls TX


The cold front managed to hit just after I got the RV set up at the Wichita Bend RV park last night.  This park is part of the city park system and it is located right off US 287 near Lucy Park and the Texas Visitors Center.  It was really windy so the 5th wheel was rocking a bit but not too bad for this area.  It’s always windy here.  The bad weather hit further south around Jacksboro so I guess I got through there just in time.  Lubbock, much further west, had a haboob which is a terrible dust storm that pretty much blocks out the sky and makes it look like nighttime.  I could smell the dirt in the air but it didn’t come through here.  This morning I needed my little electric heater.  Now why didn’t I think I would need warmer clothes here??

I think I will tough it out here one more night and then move to another park.  The traffic noise from the highway here is quite loud and goes all night long.  Thank goodness I have some ear plugs.

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting.