The Longdogs

The Longdogs
Harley takes his role as navigator seriously!

Loading Up: It's Chilly Out There

Rain came through San Antonio last night or rather, early this morning.  That's a good thing as we really need rain.  All the lakes are low and water rationing is already here for some areas.  Medina Lake west of San Antonio has been low for years and looks more like a river at this point.  An added benefit was no hail or strong winds, definitely a bonus.  Along with that rain came......brrrrrrrr.....cold.  Yesterday it was 90 degrees.  It was 50 degrees this morning and only 58 degrees at 4:00 PM.  I know, I know.....for my northern friends and relatives, that is not cold, it's a heat wave but, for us, it is really cold.

I picked up a few groceries yesterday.  Today I started by making a list.  Lists really help to make sure you don't forget things you want to take with you.  Now, my RV is fully furnished with linens, dishes, pots and pans, etc. so I don't have to worry about those things.  After this trip, it will probably contain some basic canned goods, etc., but this is the first trip since November so things got emptied out back then.  I may not do the water sanitizing until after I get to my first stop tomorrow but then again, I may get it started a little later.

The clothes are all packed.  I always take too much because I just don't know what I'll need when I get there especially when the trip is to a Get-To-Gether.  Fortunately, I have plenty of room.  While I was doing that, I even managed to sort out and straighten the drawers in the master bedroom.

Other things are gathered.  Hmmm, it might warm up a little more if that sun would just pop out for more than 10 seconds at a time.  Guess I better get back at it.  Later.

3 comments:

  1. Restocking is fun! I'm almost done too; see you soon,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I don't have to restock - we just hook up and take everything with us. But I think the restocking gives you more of an anticipation feeling which is so much fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting.