The Longdogs

The Longdogs
Harley takes his role as navigator seriously!

Spring Break in Palestine

Ah, Spring Break.....what fun things to plan with the grandchildren.   I headed northeast to Palestine on Friday morning. My son headed north to Brownwood to pick up the kids. The plan was to meet up in Palestine for a fun long weekend. I made reservations at the Palestine RV Park.  My GPS took me right there without a problem. The owners asked me to let them know my expected arrival time and they were right there at the gate to welcome me. There is a code for the gate for going in and out. They immediately took me to my site and checked me in right there.

There are a number of permanent RVs at the park but everything is very neat and well taken care of by the owners who live on-site.
 Steve arrived a little later than planned. His GPS took them to a completely different place not that close to this park. I finally just directed him road by road once he was able to figure out where he was. So we had dinner a soon as they got there.

They have decorated the park with a lot of unique items.




The laundry and bathroom are in the same building right behind Morgan......no, not the decorative outhouse. There is only one bathroom which is family style but it is a small park so not a real problem. They also have a community firepit with wood supplied as well as a dog park.

A storm came through a couple days earlier so they were still in the process of picking up all the downed limbs......there were a lot. They apologized for the branches in the dog park. Steve decided to help (he is just that kind of son) so he picked up all the branches large and small in the dog park and stacked them with the rest of the wood.

Friday night was a tough one. Not something you would plan for Spring Break or any other time actually. Cameron was sick all night long with vomiting. Steve thought he had food poisoning as he ate something different than Steve and Morgan when they stopped at Taco Bell. He ended up sleeping most of the day on Saturday. By late afternoon he was feeling much better so we went to the Davey Dogwood Park.

Harley and I relaxed in the truck with the scenery and the Kindle while the rest went on a hike. Apparently there was some kind of a contest going on as they found all kinds of unique little rock scenes.






Some of the scenes were better than others but were all very interesting. We got in a lot of people watching too. It was a nice drive through the park on narrow one-way (thank goodness) roads.


1 comment:

  1. I had thought you meant Palestine overseas! What a beautiful park!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting.