The Longdogs

The Longdogs
Harley takes his role as navigator seriously!

A Quick Get-Away

I picked up my RV from storage on Wednesday so I could pack up for a small rally with the Texas Ramblin' Roses. Everything worked perfectly as I backed out from under the storage building roof but a few miles down the road, the screen with , the radio, the GPS, the backup camera, etc., just quit working. Of course, now no screen view of anything. Once I got home, my husband and son checked every fuse both under the dash and under the hood. Everything was good. At least, although inconvenient, it won't affect my trip to the rally as I know where I am going, can do without the radio, and can backup using the mirrors.

I don't like to start my fridge when the RV is in the driveway as it is not level enough. So about 9:30PM, I went out to pull it forward into the cul-de-sac. Everyone else angle parks so I am not in anyone's way. All of a sudden, I realized the radio was working.  Of course, I am thrilled; however, hubby and son both immediately commented that wasn't really good as it meant something was loose.

Next morning I headed out to Skyline Ranch RV Park in Bandera TX. Guess what, the radio, GPS, etc., all worked all the way there.

This was different from our regular rallies.....it is the first one since Covid19 reared it's ugly head. We cancelled rallies in April and June. Anyway, everyone was told well in advance that we would be social distancing, using masks where we couldn't social distance, and using lots of handwashing and sanitizer. We had a rally room but chose to sit outside most of the time with a good breeze and 6 foot spacing.


It worked out well since we only had 15 people at the most.

 A couple of the women made a trip to the Apple Store in Medina and brought back some goodies. This is Lollipop, a long-haired dachsund that travels with Marla. She was definitely waiting for her share of the apple strudel.

We always take a group photo. Everyone will remember this one taken with distancing and masks.

We did eat out a couple of times at the Brick's River Café. They have a patio and some huge fans to create some really strong breezes. They also have some pretty good food. Several people had their Dr Pepper burger both times along with some great onion rings. The chicken fried steak was great too. We may also have sampled their peach and blackberry cobbler the second time we ate there.

The morning we left, several of us went to the Cracked Mug Coffee House for breakfast. They have great coffee and some good food choices for breakfast or lunch. When I arrived back at the park, my son was sitting in the shade waiting for me. He rode his motorcycle up.....it's a nice ride through the Hill Country. Packing up took no time with his help outside.

All in all, it was a fun time with friends planned with safety in mind. Unpacking back at home was quick and easy too as I didn't have to take a lot for the weekend. Emptied the fridge and freezer and brought in the clothes....clean and dirty. Then it was back to the storage lot until the next outing.

3 comments:

  1. Good times with friends who understand how serious this stuff is. Now that's how gatherings should be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great that you can have a good time despite the gremlins:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting.