The Longdogs

The Longdogs
Harley takes his role as navigator seriously!

2021-05-19 Johnson Creek RV Resort

Time to head out with the RV again. I picked Serendipity up on Tuesday morning hoping to get her loaded before the rain hit. We have been having a lot of rain, at least a lot for us. I even got the car hooked up in advance by backing the car up to the garage and then backing the RV up to it. That way I don't have to do it before I can leave. Dave went out for a motorcycle ride while I packed up. I have learned to pack less which means less to load and then unload when I come home. I try to keep the basics in the RV all the time so I just need clothes and food and some electronics. 

I figured I would be driving out to Ingram in the morning in the rain but I lucked out there too. The rain held off. Since the RV is parked on a slant in the driveway, I don't start the fridge.....too hard on it. So I just took a few things out of the house fridge and freezer and loaded them in with some frozen water bottles the morning I left. I figured the fridge would be cooled down by late afternoon and I would just make a Walmart run in Kerrville rather than before I went.

The Texas Ramblin' Roses are having a rally at the Johnson Creek RV Resort in Ingram Texas only about 90 minutes from my house.


It's a very nice park. I haven't camped here before but I have been here when Chuck Woodbury (RV Travel Newsletter) was in the area a couple of years ago and hosted a get together for all his newsletter followers. This is the office. since I was here the day before the official rally I got an extra night using Passport America.

I figured this was a good time to get a little tour in. The RV park has a herd of miniature hours....about 15 of them.

They are very cute.

There is also some wildlife around here. I don't think this fawn could be more than a couple of days old. My neighbor saw him earlier curled up in a little ball. I guess he got bored waiting for his Mom to come back.

That was a big mistake. He wobbled over to the fence where the horses are. First he managed to get stuck halfway through the fence. The fawn and the horse on the left were nuzzling noses while that was going on. Then the horse on the right came over to check things out. He was a real stinker. The fawn got through the fence finally and then the black horse was chasing him from tree to tree pawing at him. I heard afterwards that the fawn got stuck inside a little fence around one of the small pecan trees. The owners rescued him and he met up with the deer herd later on. That could have ended badly.

The horses love treats and the owners said you can feed them carrots and apples only.

One of our group brought over a container of apple slices. She was very popular. After this picture, there were a lot of horses lined up for treats. Most were polite but there were a couple that were kind of greedy. They kept lining up for more and were not shy about pushing someone more timid aside.

You got some apples or carrots lady??????

The park has two rally halls. One is the house where the owners used to live. There is a pool right behind it but it doesn't open until Memorial weekend. 

There is also a really nice covered patio next to the pool. The owners still live on the property in a much larger house.

They even have a little chapel here. People rent the chapel and rally hall for small weddings.

Not sure this is a real grave next to the church because there was no name on the cross.

This is the view from the covered patio behind the house which has been converted into a multi-roomed rally hall.

There is a small deck out over the bluff.

The area on the other side of the fence belongs to someone else. Right now there are lots of wild flowers.

When you follow the fence down, you come to Johnson Creek. There is a swimming area to the right of the road which is a bit under water right now due to all the rain. There is a float there.

 That is a pretty good overview of the park. I guess I forgot to take photos of the RV sites. Most are pull-throughs with the side and back row being back ins. Those overlook the horse pasture so they have a great view. The sites are not huge but a decent size with full hookups. I saved the photos of our rally room for another post.

1 comment:

  1. That is an amazing park. The horses would make it a must stop for me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting.