The Longdogs

The Longdogs
Harley takes his role as navigator seriously!

2023-11-25 Thanksgiving Dinner & a Tea Party

 We had a great thanksgiving at my son Steve and daughter-in-law Helen's house. Helen is a great cook and loves to do it so I just bring whatever she wants me to make. This year it was deviled eggs and my homemade rolls. I have to admit that, for the first time ever in almost 45 years, my roll recipe failed me and they were not good. Hope that never happens again.


Helen made her famous bacon squash casserole in addition to the other Thanksgiving staples like mash potatoes and pumpkin pie.


My granddaughter Morgan made a delicious apple rhubarb dessert. 

A few days later, Helen, Morgan and I went to the Doll House Tearoom in Seguin for a high tea. I didn't quite realize what I was committing to as you can see by my dress. Helen was neutral but Morgan was all dressed up appropriately for the occasion.



We had two different kinds of tea as well as salad, scones, tea sandwiches, and desserts.


It was definitely not crowded but there were a couple other parties that you can't see. Each area is set up differently with nice tea settings. It's an experience if you like English tea parties.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting.