The Longdogs

The Longdogs
Harley takes his role as navigator seriously!

Thanksgiving And We Are Thankful

Yesterday was Thanksgiving and we are very thankful for many things.  Helen and Steve wanted to host the holiday in their new home.....their very first holiday with the kids and us in their home.  This was also Helen's first time cooking a turkey by herself.  Of course I use that term loosely since she had lots of "help" with the basting from Morgan, Cameron, and Steve.

She figured out turkey size from a chart on the Internet which said she needed a 12 pound turkey for 6 people.  Steve just laughed and told her to get a 20 pound turkey as everyone liked turkey leftovers. She also fixed a fancy squash dish with maple, bacon, and onion topping that was delicious.  She and Morgan baked pumpkin, pumpkin pecan, and apple pies.  This stepmom has tons of patience when it comes to cooking with the kids.  She also made green bean casserole and stuffing.  She asked me to do the sweet potatoes and homemade rolls.  I also did the mashed potatoes to give her more time to get the turkey set up.  And I made the gravy for her when I arrived.  Dinner was great!


Having Steve and Helen here in San Antonio is one of the things for which we are thankful.  And all of us are grateful that the kids get to be here with us every 1st, 3rd, and 5th weekend.  They love being with Dad and Helen so much more often.  And Steve is grateful he isn't driving from Florida to Texas once a month just to see them for a weekend.  We would love to be together with all our family more often but we are grateful for the family members we do have with us.

I am grateful to have my computer back and working like a champ.  And I am grateful to have finally gotten all my pictures for the last month loaded up and edited.   My blogposts are now up to date. You may be grateful for that too if you thought I was gone and then you were inundated with backdated posts.

2 comments:

  1. Having family close by is much to be thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belated Happy Thanksgiving to you all. Thanks for all the catch up blog posts. Good to have you back online.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting.