The Longdogs

The Longdogs
Harley takes his role as navigator seriously!

On the Road Again

Picked up the RV on Thursday. Surprisingly, the battery was dead. The owner of the storage place came and jump started me and I headed home without turning the engine off. DH said for an RV issue, that was the easiest thing to fix and it was the original battery. He headed out to get a new one so $200 later I have a top of the line AGM battery installed. I spent a fair amount of time rearranging things in the RV to maximize space since I will be traveling with my son, daughter-in-law and grandkids. DH built a shelf in one of the cost closets so I have much better access to cooking utensils. Several adjustible shelves is a future goal but I am very happy with one shelf plus a plastic storage unit on top. 

We went to a 70th birthday cookout for a longtime friend on Saturday afternoon....our first group together since March. My grand-niece Natalie also arrived at my son's this week so it has been busy. Of course, every thing seems busy after doing nothing for several months.

Sunday, I headed out at 7:30AM. After a quick stop at Steve's to pick up their stuff for the fridge, Harley and I were off headed towards Fredericksburg and Roswell. Steve and Helen had to pick the kids in Marble Falls at noon and I figured we would meet up on the road.
It was a long drive with rest areas few and far between. Actually, I think the only one might have been after San Angelo and I had just stopped there for a late lunch. I didn't sleep well the night before but my plan for a quick nap on the road didn't work with no rest areas.
Just a quick shot of some West Texas scenery from the road.
I was planning on overnighting at Walmart in Roswell but ended up just staying at the mostly empty parking lot at La Quinta where the kids and grandkids stayed. It was too hot for Steve and Helen to use their camper shell for sleeping. They were all disappointed that the hotel pool and exercise room at the hotel were not open. The hotel is also not serving breakfast like they usually include.
My luxurious accomodations at the La Quinta. I love my generator. I ran it for a couple hours until it cooled down and once for a short time during the night. Harley and I slept great all night. As soon as the rest of the gang are up and ready to roll, we will be off to Albuquerque for tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting.