The Longdogs

The Longdogs
Harley takes his role as navigator seriously!

Westward to Albuquerque

Monday morning, we got organized and headed out to Albuquerque.  The drive from Roswell to Albuquerque is slightly less than scenic for the most part and the wind was blowing fiercely. I had a few moments where I regretted not having the 5th wheel in that wind but all in all, we made it just fine. Once we made it up to I-10, scenery improved significantly.


However, we didn't see any of the promised elk.


 No animals here either but nice mountain views.





 We stopped at a gas station and this building next door appeared to be graffiti from a distance but as we took a better look, the art work on all sides was beautiful.


  I made reservations at the Enchanted Trails RV Park which is a Passport America park. Full hookups at half price with a nice staff manning the front office. Once we entered New Mexico, we realized that they are not as far along with reopening as Texas is. Masks are a must most places. The pool and hot tub were not open at the RV park but the restrooms were open. The desk manager told me that a couple of places in Albuquerque had opened pools with very tight rules. I think it was lane swimming two people at a time for 15 minutes. Enchanted Trails has some really cute antique trailers on display. Ordinarily you can get a key to tour them or check them out here while the virus is active.


We arrived early enough that the kids and grandkids went to Petroglyphs National Monument to hike some of the trails and see the petroglyphs.






 Harley, Angus, and I hung out at the RV and relaxed.

3 comments:

  1. I think the wind is always blowing along that drive. We always stay at Enchanted Trails. Nice folks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely. When I called to make the reservation, they even asked if my two friends were traveling with me....there were two other RVs with me last September.

      Delete
  2. New Mexico is notoriously a windy place. Yet pretty country even without the wildlife. Love the vintage trailers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting.