The Longdogs

The Longdogs
Harley takes his role as navigator seriously!

2021-02-10 Moving on Down the Road to Recovery

Recovery is progressing very well. I had the PT at home for two weeks, three times a week. Then I diligently did the exercises and icing on my own 3 to 4 times a day. The second week we added the following exercises.



 

Friday, 5 February, the PT supervisor Jeff came to evaluate my progress. He said I was doing great and we picked a cane out from my DH's collection. Yes, he has a collection not that he has ever really used any of them. They are not your standard aluminum pole. One was about the right length and was light so I was set. No more walker.  We talked about whether I should continue with PT. I said I thought I could probably benefit but only if at my house. I haven't stayed away from other people to start going to group therapy at this point. He said that would probably be approved but would be 2 times a week for 3 weeks instead of 3 times a week for 2 weeks.

On Monday night, I still hadn't heard from Kris about what time she would be coming on Tuesday. She said that her lead hadn't added it because they were still waiting to hear from their HQ so it would probably be Wednesday.

Tuesday, 9 February, I had an appointment with my orthopedic doctor, Dr Ursone. He said I was doing great. He said that he didn't think I needed any more PT because I was walking so well and pain was low. Actually, I have more pain at this point from my other hip. It doesn't hurt all the time but "catches" and locks up when I get up from sitting. Yes, I am definitely going to need another hip replacement.....the only question is when. I have another appointment with Dr Ursone at the 6 week point.

In the meantime, I have increased all the exercises on my own.


1 comment:

  1. I think you should keep on with the exercises so that hip and leg will be good and strong before the next surgery. My own opinion. Glad you are making such great progress.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting.