The Longdogs

The Longdogs
Harley takes his role as navigator seriously!

2022-01-11Sanicon Maserater Fix

Today was a great day. I had an appointment with Texas RV Supply in San Antonio to take a look at my Sanicon Maserater pump. It worked great at a trip out in November but didn't even make a sound when I turned it on at the end of a trip in December. My RV also has a regular dump set up so I was not up a creek without a paddle. I drained all the water for winterizing but held off on adding the link stuff until I could get the pump checked out. 
My regular RV repair place (Texas Hill Country Coach Repair) told me that they didn't currently have someone really knowledgeable in that area. I really appreciated Terry's honesty right up front. He said he thought that Camping World and another place in Seguin had experts in that. I was equally honest right upfront......Camping World will never touch my rig. The other place said they didn't have someone. I thought about it and decided to call Texas RV Repair as they have helped me out before. I explained the winterizing situation and they told me to bring it in a few days later. I thought (and hoped) it might be an electrical issue since it worked and then it didn't with no bad noises in between. They put their best electrical guy on it and one hour later I was ready to roll. Just as I hoped, it was a switch fuse but I would never have found it because the tech had to unscrew the top of one of the twin beds on the opposite side of where the pump is located. It was a $5 fuse switch that could have cost me many hours of labor time had the tech not been really knowledgeable.
Good to go and prepared if it ever happens again. Thank you Texas RV Supply for fixing it and Texas Hill Country Coach Repair for being honest right up front.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting.