The Longdogs

The Longdogs
Harley takes his role as navigator seriously!

2024-05-04 Hords Creek COE Park, Coleman TX

 I had a late start when I left Caprock Canyon. My tow bar was stuck in the extended position which I figured would get me home just fine once I hooked the car up. What I failed to consider was how hard it would be to get the car into the exact right spot to hook up. I was an inch off....then I was a half inch off...then a quarter inch....for quite a few tries. Finally Freida, our park camphost came out to see what I was doing. One look told her that I got the car into the exact right spot but then it moved a quarter of an inch back when I put it in park. She stood there with the pin and popped it in while I kept my foot on the brake. Whooh!. I was off. Fog was incredibly thick for the first hour and a half of the drive and then the driving rain hit. It was coming down in buckets when I arrived at Hords Creek COE outside of Coleman TX. Even my underwear was soaked through by the time I got checked in because they have plexiglass covering the window except for three inches at the bottom. The host was hard of hearing and I couldn't hear him because of the driving rain. Once we finally got my site issue resolved, I pulled in, parked, and changed into dry clothes. I waited to hook up the electric until the rain stopped.


The lake is down so far that it is sad. No swimming beach left, boat ramps closed, etc., but it is still a very nice park.

There are lots of shade trees. A few sites have full hookups but the others have water and electric. They also have cabins and group meeting rooms.

Needless to say, I did not unhook the car,



Three friends from the Texas Ramblin' Roses were also at the park on their way home to San Antonio. Deb had trouble with her truck and had to take it into Brownwood to the dealer the next morning. Fortunately they were able to fix it. For some reason, she called to make her reservation rather than doing it online and the "helpful" person put her in the campground on the other side of the lake where she was the only camper the first night. The second night, there were a couple of tenters. We had a very heavy rainstorm that night.

Before the rainstorm hit. Pat and Kathleen asked if we all wanted to go into Coleman for pizza. They have a fantastic wood fired pizza place in town. Naturally we were up for it. We arrived back at the park just before the heavy rain hit.



I discovered a little leak in the cupboard where I keep Harley's dog food. I could see that it was coming in along the wiring from the antenna. It was definitely my trip for problems. First, the towbar that stuck, then the leak under the bathroom sink, the door lock with the latch that fell out, and the leak in the cupboard. On the bright side, I didn't have any hail damage.

While at Hord's Creek, I took the opportunity to thoroughly flush the black and gray tanks. The deadlock on the door was still working although it wouldn't unlock from the outside so I had to enter through the driver's door. I planned to call the RV repair shop first thing Monday morning to get repairs done. I decided to grease the heck out of the tow bar. When I arrived home, it retracked just like it is supposed to do. One problem solved!

My husband took the old door lock out and measured everything so we had one on it's way from Amazon the next day. Then he decided to look at the leak under the bathroom sink. I wasn't sure whether it was the pex water lines or the drain line. He was pretty sure it was the faucet itself. Amazon to the rescue again and he installed the new faucet right after it arrived. My son climbed on the roof and located a small open spot where the caulk around the antenna wire comes through the roof. I headed to the RV dealer near us to pick up some self leveling RV roof caulk. While he was up there, he decided he would just touch up all the caulking around the vents and openings. Two days later, the RV went to storage with all problems fixed. Good thing because I am heading to Rockport TX on the 13th for another rally!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting.