The Longdogs

The Longdogs
Harley takes his role as navigator seriously!

Butte LaRose GTG

I belong to the Women RV Forum but I haven't been able to get to any of the larger Get To Gethers (GTGs) yet.  However, two of the members live in Butte LaRose and Abbeville so I wanted to stop and meet them on my way through on I-10.

Things are really hopping down there around the Butte LaRose and Breaux Bridge area. I missed out on the Carolyn, Martha, Nancy, Karen, and Sharon GTG last week since I was still in Florida but I didn't miss out altogether. After leaving Florida on Friday and spending two days in New Orleans, my son and I headed to Butte LaRose to stay overnight at Frenchman's Wilderness.
Image
Carolyn Patinjones, and Martha (Acadianmom) were waiting at Carolyn's for us to call when we arrived. Not only did they show up to visit, they also let another friend in on the visit and Nancy also came by. Since my son was traveling with me, I have pictures, drum-roll please!!!!!, with ALL of us--including Carolyn--in them.
Image

We had a nice long visit in my RV where everyone was overrun by the excited "Traveling Longdogs". Nancy already had plans for the evening but the rest of us decided that dinner out would be just the thing. Caroline had quite a few choices of dining places on her list but we decided that her favorite, the favorite of locals, would be our favorite.
Image

The food was very good. Steve, Caroline, and Martha had the Half and Half (half crawfish etouffee on rice and half deepfried crawfish). I wimped out and had the hamburger after hearing that Sharon figured the rich food made her stomach rebel. Steve loves New Orleans and the food there but he said the Cajun style etouffee he ate at Crawfish Town was even better. My hamburger and steak fries were delicious too just in case you are wondering.
Half & Half
Image
Burger and Fries
Image

Great company, great food, and good conversation were enjoyed by all.
Steve
Image
Martha
Image
Carolyn (notice the camera glued to her hand) :lol:
Image

After dinner, Martha headed for home as she lives well over an hour away. Caroline took us on a short tour. Next time, I want to have more time to see the area. We went by Cajun Palms RV Park where Sharon was holed up. We waved as we went by hoping she was able to sleep since her lights were not on. Initially I thought the park was too expensive but after seeing it, I would definitely stop if I had the grandkids with me and had enough time to make it worthwhile. They have a great water park type area that kids would love and since it is included in the overnight fee, it would be worth it.

Frenchman's Wilderness is very nice with lots of shade trees, parking sites that are spread out like a state park, a pool, a couple of playgrounds, etc.  Our only complaint was the voracious mosquitoes that appeared after sunset.  There were any in evidence during the daylight hours though.

The visit was too short but it was so nice to get to meet three other sistahs. Thanks Carolyn and Martha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting.