The Longdogs

The Longdogs
Harley takes his role as navigator seriously!

Halloween at La Villita

My son drove up from Florida for a long weekend to spend time with his kids and we are lucky enough to get to share in the visit.  I came home from Potter's Creek about lunchtime on Wednesday.  By 3:00 PM, the RV was emptied out and we took it back to the storage lot.  Steve arrived in time for dinner as he left about 6 AM.    This was Halloween weekend since Halloween was on Monday and the kids would be gone.  My daughter-in-law had already researched the Internet and found a Halloween experience available on Saturday.  The kids brought their costumes with them and Steve had his ready to go as well.  Here we have the cowboy wearing his grandmother's vest (yes, I had it when I was his age) and a princess although I thought she looked more like Alice in Wonderland.  Harley wore his camouflage suit.



Yes, I dressed up too.  My mother made this costume for herself when I was a little girl so it is also an antique.  It has gotten plenty of use over the years as I wore it to work on Halloween a number of times.

Our destination was "Halloween Street at La Villita".  La Villita is a one block square historic arts village on the river in downtown San Antonio.  It is a very interesting place to visit any time you head down to the San Antonio Riverwalk.  We lucked out and found a reasonable parking lot only two blocks away.  Can't beat that.  You can see that there were lots of costumes in evidence.

This was early before it got much more crowded.

Various businesses, radio, and TV stations had booths set up to hand out candy.  The lines became rather long at each booth but the kids had fun seeing all the costumes and there wasn't a word of complaint.


After a couple of hours, Steve and I were much more tired than the kids.  We took a quick break behind one of the buildings.  Steve got pretty hot in his costume mask.  I can't tell you how many people took a picture of him or wanted their picture taken with him.  All the kids knew he was "Scream" from what they had seen on TV.

It was a fun day.  The kids were excited because we got a big bag of kettle corn to take home which meant they wanted "movie night".  I mean you can't have popcorn without movie night, right?


1 comment:

  1. JUst lost interent so hope this isn't a duplicate comment.


    Love the costumes, especially yours. You are a net gramma. Neither my Mom not gramma ever did stuff like that. Great memories for you all.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting.