The Longdogs

The Longdogs
Harley takes his role as navigator seriously!

2022-06-15 Hords Creek COE Park

 I was on my way to a Texas Ramblin' Roses Rally in Abilene and just wanted to get away a day early. I checked and luckily found an opening at the Hords Creek Corps of Engineers park near Coleman Texas. It's a wonderful park with lots of RV sites with 30 or 50 amp electric and water. They also have a few hookups with sewer hookups. Some sites have screened shelters and they also have a number of group buildings with hookups for RVs.


I picked a pull-through site since I knew I would only be there for one night and I didn't plan on going anywhere after I arrived.

It was a nice site with a water view and shade trees although my RV was next to the trees rather than under them. 

Hords Creek Lake is a small lake and, unfortunately, right now the lake is so very low that some water front sites no longer have water in front of them at all. It was low when I was there a year ago but is worse this year. We need rain desparately.

This is one of the swimming beaches. The colored strips you can see beyond the granite blocks are actually the lines marking the far end of the protected beach area.

I had some lovely views when Harley and I took a walk after it got cool enough on the pavement for him.

And then, it was time for bed.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting.