The Longdogs

The Longdogs
Harley takes his role as navigator seriously!

2023-02-06 Rockport TX

Running behind again. Discovered I had about three backposts I needed to complete before I started on my latest trip. Done!

With a Texas Ramblin' Roses Rally rapidly coming up in February, I invited my friend Carolyn to bunk with me since it's a lot of gas to drive from Louisiana for a short rally. My thoughts then turned to the fact that it would be great to add some days to the time I was going to be out in the RV. Immediately, a trip to Wilderness Oaks in Rockport TX popped up. Carolyn was more than onboard with the idea. I headed towards Rockport from Schertz and Carolyn got on the road from Louisiana.

I was only about 8 miles from home when I had to recalculate my route as they had the bridge over I-10 closed with no advance warning. Added a few miles but no big deal. when I arrived at the RV park, the first site I was scheduled for wouldn't allow me to use my EMS because the post was so low to the ground. they quickly found me another site and I got settled in. Carolyn had a much longer drive but she also stopped at 3 Buccee's on her way. Louisiana is deprived that way......no Buccee's and no HEB so they come west to get their fill, lol.

I wasn't there long before I ran into Olivia, another member of the Texas Ramblin' Roses who is wintering here at the park in Rockport. There have been other Roses here off and on all winter as this park is one of our favorites.
After Carolyn arrived and we got her settled in, we had a great dinner of Lasagna Alfredo made by my daughter-in-law Helen. She cooks large batches of everything so leftovers are always great.

The next day, Carolyn's brother asked us if we could go look at a couple of airstreams that he was interested in that were located in Aransas Pass so off we went. We spent about 1 1/2 hours there checking them out thoroughly with Carolyn taking lots of pictures of every part of them. The trailers were at Silver Oaks Airstream RV Park. the park is actually open to other RVs as well as airstreams. It's very nicely landscaped and very secure as it is enclosed with a fence and locked gate. The owner is onsite, loves airstreams, buys, fixes, and lives in them. It was an interesting visit. It ended with him inviting us to host a women's rally there but it is too small for TRR rallies.

After we were done, we decided to take the ferry to Port Aransas. The line may look long but we were on the ferry in 15 minutes.



On the way back to the park, we drove along the bay through Fulton. The guy on the dock was cleaning fish and the pelicans were there to help.


The trees along the bayshore in the residential area are so unique. They look like they are reaching out to grab the houses.

Tuesday evening we had dinner with Olivia and Andie at Paradise Key. 

It's right on the water.

And we sat on the outside deck. I was wishing for a light jacket before we were done. Olivia was warm so she kindly lent me her shawl.



Olivia, Carolyn, and I met at the clubhouse to play Rummikub when we got back.

Got this picture when Harley got his nightly walk. It's a great park with friendly staff and guests.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting.