The Longdogs

The Longdogs
Harley takes his role as navigator seriously!

2023-02-09 On to Goliad State Park

Thursday was our travel day to Goliad TX. we weren't i a hurry to leave as you can't check into the state park until 2:00PM. I checked with the staff at Wilderness Oaks RV resort and they had no problem with us staying around until 12:30PM as they had no one else coming into our site. we had a great breakfast that Carolyn cooked up.


Coffee and breakfast burritos are always good.

It was only a little more than an hour to Goliad. We took a little longer because we were behind a very slowly moving heavily loaded truck for quite a while. I'm sure the convoy behind us thought we were the hold up until they passed us and saw who was driving 45 mph ahead of me. I told Carolyn to be sure to pull up right behind me like I was towing her car so they wouldn't try to charge her separately. Of course, when I hopped out of the RV to go in the office, she was way back at the entrance taking a photo of the entrance sign, lol.

Goliad has two campgrounds for RVs, Karankawa and Jocales plus two tent only camping areas with no hookups. Karankawa  is closer to the entrance and has 50amp full hookup pull-through sites. I reserved in Jocales with 30amp and water sites arranged around a parking lot type area. It was more convenient to the dining hall reserved for the rally. When I hooked up, I discovered that they actually had 50amp there too. Each site has two marked sites so there are is space between each RV. A covered picnic table, grill, and fire pit is located behind each RV area. We had the closest site to the dining hall. There were several other Texas Ramblin' Roses already there camping.

We were able to get signed in for the rally that day even though it didn't start until Friday.

The dining hall is very nice with a small kitchen and dining area. they were working on the propane tank and hookups so the kitchen and bathrooms had not hot water but we had a nice hot shower i the RV.


There is a hiking trail going out of the tent area of Jocales. The park actually has several hiking paths including one that goes all the way to town.

Judy was out and about with her two travel ompanions.

Everyone greeted each other appropriately and enjoyed a nice walk.

I took Carolyn on a tour of the park. We didn't get photos of the other camping areas.



Mary Ann called me and said there were a couple of extra tickets to Taste of Goliad for that night if we wanted them. I think about 10 of us went. there was a crowd of people waiting for the door to open when we arrived. They had a lot of booths lined up around three sides of a huge room. Each booth had different kinds of food in little cups. It was good but I have to admit that I was really sick that night. I think it was a combination of too much food and too many different kinds of food because no one else was sick. Lucky me. It wa still fun.

We had a nice relaxing evening once we got back to the park.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting.