The Longdogs

The Longdogs
Harley takes his role as navigator seriously!

2022-05-06 Mother's Day

 We celebrated Mother's Day early in our family because I was on my way to a rally on the actual day. My son and daughter-in-law took me to La Fonda in Alamo Heights for lunch. It's an upscale Mexican restaurant that has been around for a very long time.


I had to borrow the picture as it certainly wasn't empty like this on the Friday we were there. They have a patio but we opted to eat inside as it was quite warm outside. The food was very good and so was the service.

Next the kids wanted to take me to a unique lounge on the roof of the Phipps building. 

Although there is an elevator inside the building which is owned by a group of lawyers, you are not allowed to use it. Not sure how they can get away with that under Americans with Disabilities Act. So you have to climb three stories up on the outside of the building. The stairs are enclosed by a cage which is all metal as are the stairs and there are two flights of steps for each floor. A very long climb with scalding hot metal railings and open steps....and I am a little nervous about heights these days. 


Stopping going up the stairs required a break disguised as a photo op.

We were the only ones there in the middle of the afternoon. It's pretty popular other times.

I think they have some pretty unique shows there on the weekends.


All in all, it was a very fun day with some of my very favorite people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting.